The members of the society are the applicants for incorporation of the society and those persons who subsequently become members, in accordance with the by-laws.
Current membership is offered for full membership only until reviewed by the By-law Committee.
Full Membership an individual who has completed or undergoing training as a registered psychiatric nurse Membership Fee $41 per year
Process to becoming a member:
- Print off membership application ~ Click Membership Form to obtain a registration Form
- Make $41 cheque payable to ARPNBC
- Mail completed form along with cheque to:
Treasurer, ARPNBC #100 - 1450 Creekside Drive, Vancouver, BC V6J 5B3
ALREADY A MEMBER- Click Renewal Form obtain re-registration form
- Advocacy and representation on behalf of the psychiatric nursing profession to the Government, the Regulator, Employers and other key stakeholders to promote the mandate of the ARPNBC.
- Access to information regarding mental health initiatives and impending impacts on the profession of psychiatric nursing.
- Advocacy of Registered Psychiatric Nurses being the professional of choice for Employers who provide services to the chronically and persistently mentally ill.
- Coalition with the four other representations of the nursing professional body: Association of Registered Nurses of BC, Licensed Practical Nurses Association of BC, the BC Nurse Practitioner Association, the Nursing Education Council of BC
- Attendance and voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting and any Extra-Ordinary Meetings of ARPNBC
- Networking opportunities within the family of registered psychiatric nursing across the province and nationally